Acne is a very common problem among people of all ages and all skin colors. Acne treatment is an important part of everyone’s life. Learning the basics of acne can help you understand what acne is, what it is not and how it can be treated.
The most common culprits are stress, dead skin cells and dirt, so if you have this be sure to wash your face before bed and after you’ve been exercising.
Types of acne
Bumps that remain closed by oil and dead skin.
Sebum is an oil produced by the sebaceous glands and in higher amounts in areas that don’t have a lot of hair like our face and chest, or in areas that produce hair like our scalp.
Small red or pink bumps that become inflamed.
Itching, burning, pain, and irritation are the hallmarks of papules.
Methods of prevention
- Wash the face twice daily.
- Refrain from harsh scrubbing.
- Keep hair clean.
- Refrain from popping or picking at pimples.
- Apply topical treatments.
- Consider topical retinoids.
- Talk to a dermatologist about antibiotics.
Acne can be cured by home remedies also.
1. Do ice the pimple
Ice is used to decrease swelling and inflammation, but if you apply warmth first, you can remove any debris that’s trapped in your pores.
The warmth will open up the pores, allowing the debris to be removed before the ice comes in to calm down the area.
It uses apple cider vinegar to help clear out your pores.
- Use powdered aspirin or completely crush a few tablets (not soft gels).
- Combine the aspirin powder with 1 tablespoon of warm water to create a paste.
- Wash your face with your normal cleanser.
- Apply the aspirin paste directly to the effected area.
Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes at a time
2. Do use makeup with salicylic acid
Salicylic acid (SA) is an exfoliant, which means that it helps remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin.
When used in small amounts, SA can also help your treat acne by unplugging clogged pores.