What conditions benefit from nail surgery?
· Ingrown Toenails
· Infected Toenails
· Deformed Toenails
· Thick Toenails
· Painful Toenails
Is it painful?
Toenail surgery is carried out painlessly under local anaesthetic. This is achieved by using an anaesthetic injection similar to that used by dentists.
What does it involve?
A small piece of toenail is removed from the side that is problematic and a chemical is applied to prevent that piece of nail growing back again.
Sometimes the degree of toenail problems means that we remove the whole nail.
Can I work?
You can usually go back to work the day afterwards. You simply need to remember to keep your toe protected.
How long does it take to heal?
The nail usually heals up over a period of 4 – 8 weeks if you follow all the advice given to you. Over this period we see you for re-dressings to ensure everything is healing well.
The Nail surgery package includes the nail surgery and three redressing appointments.
The cost is variable depending on the amount of surgery and number of toes involved.
Advice before your appointment:
· Remember to have something small to eat before your appointment.
· The procedure will last approximately 1 hour.
· Please bring some loose shoes or sandals with you for your own comfort.
· Please arrange some form of transport home. You should not plan on driving yourself, taking public transport or walking.
· Plan the day so you can go home and rest with your feet up.
· You will have your first redressing appointment a few days after the surgery. It is essential that you attend all re-dressings.
Contact Us today to book an appointment or to find out more about the foot treatments we offer.